home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Sunday, November 20, 2011

weekenkend in the country and the Chenille Snowmen



We went to the country for part of the weekend. My in-laws live in a town in North Central Missouri and just outside of town in an even smaller town called College Mound, they have an annual fundraiser supper to benefit their Rural volunteer Fire Department. 


Here Morgan and Wyatt are doing their yearly pose on the Fire truck.


We headed over to my husbands Grandmothers house and on the way, Wyatt and I stopped at the Ten Mile Store. Remember the store that is like walking in to a time warp. You can read about that post here.


I have been wanting to make these snowmen for years now.


Here is the original snowman that I got the idea from. This one has been around for a while, 
but he is still adorable.


I bought a chenille bed spread and just cut out a 'snowman' shape, a little fatter than the original.


A few buttons attached with hot glue, and a few scraps of a Cable Knit sweater to make a scarf.


The carrot nose I made by soaking a few toothpicks I had on hand in orange food coloring.
Cloves for eyes, and more cable knit sweater turned into a stocking cap, topped with a little tinsel.


To stabilized the snowmen, I sewed a little pouch and filled it with a few rocks, but the 
original is filled with sand.


I also have been wanting to make this button ornament. Wyatt helped me with this one.
We just doubled up the buttons and stuck a push pin in to secure.


Secured it with a little ribbon glued into the Styrofoam ball.


Here is a sneak peak at my 1/2 bath being painted. Hopefully I will be revealing it in the next few days.
(sorry for the bight flashes of light, but there is no window in this bathroom, so I needed to use artificial light.)

Featured @:



Linking to:

UndertheTableandDreaming Everything Under the Moon UndertheTableandDreaming

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Bonnie

    What great pictures of your children. I love MO. I use to live in Springfield and would go to Branson almost every weekend. My other favorite place is Joplin, MO where the precious Moment Chapel is at. I love to go there during Christmas. Its so lovely. Anyway, my love for the MO. LOL Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt is just the cutest little guy! My baby who is now 17 was going to be named Wyatt according to the ultrasound....but he was a she and so her name is Hailey instead. Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!!!! The snowman are adorable. They make me smile!!!!
    Adorable ornament too...and can't wait to see the bathroom when you are done. Is the paint gray? Hard to tell sometimes in pictures.

    Children are cuties. My daughter is named Morgan also :).

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the button ornament- so cute!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A chenille bedspread is the perfect material for snowman's, I love how people can just look at something, like a bedspread, and imagine the possibilities. They turned out great!
    Thanks for linking up to Make the Scene Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie - I'm featuring your snowmen today - Highlights from #3 Christmas Craft Tutorial that you linked up last week. They are adorable and they got the 2nd most viewed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...