home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas pillows


My bathroom is still not put back together. I was hoping Jeromy could hang a few things for me, but then life got in the way,. Maybe tomorrow!!
Sooo, I decided to get a jump on a few Christmas gifts. 
 I showed you how to make the cable knit sweater pillow here  and they were so quick and easy I threw a couple more together in no time.


First up us a green cable knit with a removable red flower.
I was thinking of making a few more flowers to put on it,but didn't want to crowd it.
What do you think, more?



I wanted to make some MANLY pillows. SO I chose some men's sweaters at my local Goodwill. $3-$6!


The grey one on the bottom is reversible, grey on one side and white on the other.





I love this navy one. it was made with an Eddie Bauer sweater that looked like it was never worn! 
It is the only one with a pillow inset in it. 


I wanted one to have the buttons that you could actually use. You can just unbutton and slip out the pillow then throw the sweater in the washer!


The white one in the background is my first attempt at making a sweater pillow last week. I used the leftover sleeves to cover a candle holder. You can see that tutorial here.
I'm telling you, I am NOT a seamstress in any way, shape or form. If I can do this, YOU can do this!!
You choose a square or a rectangle. Two pieces of sweater, turn inside out, find a line on the cable knit to use as your guide. Trim off the edges after you have sewn the outline. (people have asked if it unravels, if you cut off the extra after you sew, there is no unraveling). Leave a little opening to stuff after you turn it right side out, then sew it up making small stitches so you don't see them! That's it!
I also made a cable knit sticking with some chenille trim!! I will show that another time, but I have my eye on some ruffled pillows I think I may try!

Don't forget the party going on right now!
click button to take you directly there!



Featured @: you are talking too much


Linking to:

The DIY Show Off
you are talking too muchThe Girl CreativeMakingUndertheTableandDreamingBoogieboard Cottage DIY ClubTotally Tutorials TuesdayMomma Hens CoopFrench Country CottageSouthern LovelyCherished Bliss

9 comments:

  1. These are so pretty and look so cozy! Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pillows! Especially the cardigan one with buttons. And i also checked out what you did with the sleeve of the white sweater. Cute candle holder.
    Found you at Inspiration Friday - a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes ya want to snuggle in! Thanks for sharing at the Winter Wonderland party over at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those cushions look wonderful! You are so clever. They look very warm and snuggly too. You did a great job!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    PS Thanks for being a Pinning Blogger! I am so thrilled I found your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to feature these precious pillows tonight! I am seriously in love with them! Thank you so much for sharing them and I would love for you to share again at tonights party. Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweater winter pillows. I have ot to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share party. Please come back this week and share your latest project with us.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
    wjwiki07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are EPIC! I love them to bits, absolutely gorgeous. Gotta go find myself some sweaters... did I mention they are epic? I need them more than sliced bread in my life, they'd be an amazing gift- to myself. And maybe my Mum, if she's REALLY nice to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. hotel pillows

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the easy tutorial. I think its a nice way to reuse sweaters and old pillows. You can use soft hotel quality pillows with these cable knit covers and gift them to your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...