home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Sunday, November 6, 2011

another fall wreath


I wanted a new fall wreath. Yes, I have the antler wreath,the felt flower wreath, AND the bittersweet wreath but I just wanted to create a natural wreath with different colors and textures. Well, as natural as silk flowers and greenery go!


SO I went to my wreath stash and found a grapevine one with some green grape leaves on it and re-used that as my base. (it is in the upper left of the photo below) It also had a few fall colored leaves in it, but I pulled those out.


A quick trip to Michael's and I was on my way. I wanted a pretty muted color scheme, so I got some small pumpkins and painted them with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White (cause it's what I do!!)


As I said earlier, the colors were a little bit more subdued so I really wanted to show lots of texture.


A few Hydrangea, some pheasant feathers, and some soft, puffy wheat looking things (?) I barely used my glue gun except for the pumpkins and to get some of the bigger stuff to lay down better.


The pumpkins had just one quick coat of the ASCP on them. I painted a few larger ones with a mix of Old White and Antibes Green, but you will have to wait to see where I use those later.


I love Lotus pods!! (who doesn't)


Yes the scary Halloween is all put away until next year and the carved pumpkins that started to rot were thrown away. But the ones I got from the farmers market for so cheap are still solid as ever!!

If you are wondering why my storm door is open in this photo, there are 3 reasons. The kids Halloween window clings are still on the glass, I didn't want to have to clean the glass, and the wreath is so thick, it will not allow the door to close. So, I am now displaying it on a wreath hanger in front of my fireplace, but you don't get to see that until I remove my Halloween decor and just do the fall decor for the Thanksgiving Holiday!



linking to:


Photobucket Photobucket Tammy Link BadgeUndertheTableandDreaming

9 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Bonnie.. I LOVE it.. Hi chica.. I mentioned you in my thankful post today.. Hope you can stop in and have a peak : )) xoxo.. M ..http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/three-weeks-of-thanksthankful-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!! the colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful door with all your lovely fall decor surrounding--awesome decorating! I love the feathers and pods in your wreath--gorgeous job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wreath! I wish I had a stash like that! I'm your newest follower, and I'm going to take a peek around your blog. I'm visiting from UTT&D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! You can send it on over to my house if you'd like? ;) Thank you for sharing your lovely wreath with us at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks ladies!!
    I just posted my first link party!!
    It is a Christmas ornament & gift for $10 or less!
    So if you have anything you want to link to it!!!

    http://aweemeenit.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-gifts-ornaments-for-10-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful wreath! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...