home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Gifts & Ornaments for $10 or Less Blog Hop # 4 and Hilights from Last week


I am so excited to share some of the links that were Linked up last week. I have truly gotten a lot of ideas and inspiration along with some great instructions and tutorials on how to achieve them!

My first choice I had to go with the Glittering Musical Ornament from Salt Tree. I think the idea of reusing a music box you have found in an old unwanted object, and reusing it in something to have on your tree year after year! And who doesn't love the prospect of using Mod Podge and Glitter?!


LOVE this!!

Next up is the adorable Melted Snowman Tutorial from Flexible Dreams. I have a soft spot for Snowmen, having collected them for so long. I am going to make gift tags with them as well as share them with my Girl Scout Troop, I CAN NOT WAIT! The tutorial looks soooo easy!



This week I am sneaking in another pick because I love this one so much too!! It is the Anthropology Inspired Brushed Lace Cardigan from Two Butterflies! Since I have just ventured into the sewing world recently, I can appreciate this so much more! I love when someone can just look at an object and say 'I can make that' cause it usually turns out better as is the case with this one!!


 I have had so much fun hosting this with Mandy over at the Project Queen! If you haven't checked out her blog, you need to. She is so very talented and one of my first real Blogging friend!!
Here are her top pics for the party!





Now for Mandy from the Project Queen!

Stevie from Garden Therapy shared how to make these amazing Beeswax Flower Mason Jar Candles.
I would LOVE to receive a gift like this. I have always been a bit intimidated about making candles, but after reading Stevie's tutorial I think I could do it!
Brandy from Gluesticks shared with us how to make Etched Gift Jars.
I think these are so cute. I was always looking for something to do for teachers (when my kids were little). Especially something they could use over and over again.
I'm picking a third feature because Bonnie did (although my reasoning isn't as good as her's...ha!).
Shirley from These Moments of Mine made this adorable Embroider Hoop Ornament. I just love this!

Think of the possibilities with these! You could paint the hoop, add different embellishments, AND different fabric. Great job Shirley!
So Link up you new ornament or gifts you have been working on that are $10 or less!
They could even be from last year!
Here are the rules:
1. No Etsy shops or business giveaways.
2. Please only link up handmade ORNAMENTS or a handmade GIFT you would give someone for a Christmas gift that would only cost $10 or less.
3/  Please visit at least 2 others who have taken time to link up!

So here we go, #4!


1 comment:

  1. Awe thanks so much for featuring my musical ornament! And for hosting of course ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...