home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint workshop



anniesloan.com




I am headed to the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint workshop with Classic Wall Finishes  in Eatontown NJ.
It is Saturday September 10th. You can go here for more information about the chalk paint workshop. I will be in NY from the 9Th-14Th, so I figured I could just  take the 1 1/2 hour train ride to NJ. 



I hear it is a beautiful ride & I can't wait.
If you are unfamiliar with her chalk paint, here are some looks you can achieve with her paints as well as some info about it.
Some of these I took straight from her website.




Adorable Annie Sloan





Why her Paint is Special



                                      Reasons Why it's Good!

Chalk Paint is a very special paint for very many reasons

1. It's the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
3. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!)
5. No need to prime or prepare
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colours for your use
7. It's a girls' paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It's flexible so you can be creative and change you mind
9. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
10. Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
11. Very little black is used in their manufacture so the colours are mixed with thought using a mixture of colours
13. You can paint it on walls for a soft matt effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect

My favorite reason is #5.

NO priming.
On ANYTHING.
YEP.
It's true.


Here are some of my favorite colors and some I can't wait to try:

Paris Grey 
Louis Blue
Emperor's Silk
Old Violet
Old White
Greek Blue
Chateau Grey 
Antibes Green

These are just a few of her colors.

She also has clear & dark wax, books, brushes & TONS of inspiration on the internet.


I have posted some of my favorite pieces that I think give you an idea of what 
can be done with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.




conspicuousstyle.com



hueology.com



alkemie.blogspot.com


savvysoutherstyle.blogspot.com




anniesloan.com




hueology.com

relovedrubbishblogspot.com




I can't wait to share with you what I learned at the workshop!

I just can't wait for a train ride with no phones, computer, clients, kids or a TV, just me & the 
scenery!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had soooo much fun! Can't wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sarah! It was soo amazing, I am going to do a post later today on just the workshop alone!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...