I am headed to the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint workshop with Classic Wall Finishes in Eatontown NJ.
It is Saturday September 10th. You can go here for more information about the chalk paint workshop. I will be in NY from the 9Th-14Th, so I figured I could just take the 1 1/2 hour train ride to NJ.
I hear it is a beautiful ride & I can't wait.
If you are unfamiliar with her chalk paint, here are some looks you can achieve with her paints as well as some info about it.
Some of these I took straight from her website.
|Adorable Annie Sloan|
Why her Paint is Special
1. It's the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
3. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!)
5. No need to prime or prepare
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colours for your use
7. It's a girls' paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It's flexible so you can be creative and change you mind
9. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
10. Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
11. Very little black is used in their manufacture so the colours are mixed with thought using a mixture of colours13. You can paint it on walls for a soft matt effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect
I can't wait to share with you what I learned at the workshop!
I just can't wait for a train ride with no phones, computer, clients, kids or a TV, just me & the