home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Friday, November 11, 2011

$10 or less ornament Pinsperation








I know I get alot of my inspiration from Pinterest. Some of it I copy to the T. Others, I do a take on it. Since we have our blog hop going on right now, I though I would show you some of the inspiring ornaments I have found on Pinterest and share them with you.

Pinned Image
These are simple clear ornaments, filled with acrylic paint and then just swirled around!!  I could see adding a big matching bow.

Pinned Image
This is a twine wrapped Styrofoam ball ornament!! Love the texture!

Pinned Image
These wood crosscut ornaments are so fun! You can add names on them or a photo.

I am a sucker for penguins! Adorable AND recycling!

Pinned Image
These felted rosettes are so cute!! You can use material or regular felt too.

Pinned Image
Or you could make it out of book paper, a  wedding program, an old bible...


Etsy
this hand painted ornament is an Etsy item, so cool. Steady hand and lots of practice, but doable!

Pinned Image
These are made from tissue paper!! I will be giving these a try!

Pinned Image
These embellished balls are so colorful and you can design them any way you wish!. 

Pinned Image
These actually started out as a gold ball ornament! Hot glue, chocolate spray paint, Mod Podge and some snow is all you need. They look good enough to eat!

Pinned Image
I also am a sucker for acorns. Styrofoam, glue and glitter, topped with a bow. Now how sweet is that!!

Pinned Image
Button, buttons, who's got the buttons? I love this one!! You are only limited by the color and amount of buttons you have. I buy any and all bags of buttons at thrift stores, garage sales, you name it! My stash is huge, so this is a for sure to do!

Pinned Image
Jersey pom pom ornament made with a tshirt!! Perfect!

Pinned Image
Felt pine cones! These would be fun on a gift box or with a place setting too!

Pinned Image
I used to quill when I was a kid. I don't remember how I learned to do it, only that I could do it for hours on end!!

Pinned Image
I have no idea how she makes these, as she sells them in her Etsy shop. But I am sure someone out there has an idea and can duplicate it!

Woodland Mossy Bird Nest Wreath Ornaments, Set of 3
3" grapevine twig wreath, crafters moss, plastic eggs and some twine make for this adorable natural ornament!

Pinned Image
Love this natural ornament too!!

Christmas tree with plastic bottles-06 - 01/10 Recycled-Homemade Christmas Ornaments
This one is made of recycled liter soda bottles. Great way to reuse!

Pinned Image
This ornament is made from fabric straps glued to a Styrofoam (or an old ugly ornament). I have also seen this done with tissue paper.

So, I could go on and on and on. But you get the idea. I hope I have inspired you to go forth and make some of these! All these ideas I found on Pinterest. If you are not on Pinterest yet and need an invite, let me know! Or you can follow me on Pinterest. And be sure to come back and link up to our Christmas ornaments or gifts for $10 or less blog party. You can click the button below to take you there.


Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. okay, this post got the holiday bug crawling up my leg. i swatted and swiped at it but... no luck. it's a my knee now. i might just have to do somethin' crafty. or terrerium-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE ornaments! Not sure if you saw that you won my giveaway for the business cards - send me your email and they will contact you on how to order! - Kristen

    morethanthemulberries@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these ornaments! I can't wait to get started on my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many clever ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...