Saturday, October 8, 2011

Antler wreath


I made this wreath a few years ago, but it had seen better days. I took it down and blew off years of dust (never even saw it) and got out my hot glue gun.


I reattached some of the pine cones (3 different kinds), antlers and moss that had gotten a little loose, 
even though alot of it is wired to the grapevine wreath.


Most of the antlers were shed antlers, meaning they were found after the deer had 'shed' them. 
They regrow them every year. 


I love all the natural elements on this wreath. The Lotus flower pod (what is left after the flower dies)


There are even some tree mushrooms on there.


(Lotus pod)


I decided to put it outside, under my covered porch. I figured all of it had survived in the elements before, a covered porch certainly would not be their undoing. Although just hanging in my bedroom did a number 
on it too! I will keep you posted on how it is surviving the winter!



Linking here:

 Tammy Link Badge

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...