home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cable knit sweater candle holder



So yesterday to introduce our Christmas ornament or gift for $10 or less 
Blog Hop, I made a Cable knit sweater pillow you can see here. I got the sweater for $3 at Goodwill.
I had the sleeves as leftover and what better way to use them as candle holders!!
I had the vase, but I am sure you can find any varying heights that would work at a thrift store for very little money. I also have a red sweater I am going to make into a  shorter candle holder.



 I honestly don't know which one was easier, the pillow or the candle holder! I had the vase already so I slipped the sleeve over it until the vase would go no further. It will be tight (at least for this vase it was).
I pulled it down until it could go no further.


This is the finished one with a battery tea light in it, but you can see there is only a little of the sweater hanging over the candle and I didn't even need to glue it!


I turned it upside down an started to wrap it like a gift.  Except I did not overlap it, I cut out triangular pieces 
so that the sweater would lay flat. This is important as you don't want an uneven base. I pulled it very tight and used my new low temp glue gun!! <angels rejoicing  in unison!!!> Who knew there was a low temp glue gun?? No more 3rd degree burns and it holds just as well as the high temp ones. In the photo shown above, it does not have to be pretty, just covered. I even cut put little strips to fill in her or there and you really can not tell!


I am so thrilled with how it turned out!!! I love the look! 


And as far as this goes being a $10 or less Christmas gift, it was FREE! I had everything and the sleeves were leftover, so I think that's a pretty good deal. And again, it's under $10 to make, it is recycling, and it is made with love, by me!!


Don't forget to link up YOUR $10 or less Christmas ornament or gift to our link party!!!
I am partnering with Mandy from Project Queen, so your link will show up on BOTH blogs. Cool, right?

featured at:PhotobucketTotally Tutorials Tuesday


linking to:


2805shabby creek cottageChic on a Shoestring DecoratingFeathered Nest Friday{nifty button}Link PartyMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyYou're Invited to Party Here!Totally Tutorials TuesdayMod Vintage Life

13 comments:

  1. You have such terrific ideas, and the repurposed sweater into a pillow and candle holders is tops!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so lovely! You are so creative and I think this is such a neat way to repurpose something and give it a new life. :-) Thank you so much for sharing it with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative idea, and it turned out wonderful.
    I'm visiting from Amaze Me Monday, linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warmth and coziness of these projects! I'm visiting from Homemaker on a Dime's Creative Blog Hop Party. I love your ideas and will be following to see more creative things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillow and the candle. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Super cute!

    Thanks for linking to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I've been hunting for some Christmas candle decorating ideas.

    Love to invite you to join my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now...http://radcrafter.com/2011/11/thingamajig-thursday-party-3/

    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been featured on Totally Tutorials Tuesday. http://measuredbytheheart.com/2011/11/fun-feature-friday-1118.html
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just purchased a couple winter sweaters from thrift stores, so was happy to see how well yours turned out. I cut off the sleeve and did put on a glass candle holder. Thanks for the tutorials. Great job, and thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweater idea. Thank you so much for linking up to last weeks show and share. Make sure to come back and link up this week with your latest project.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing on Thingamajig Thursday! Hope to see you again this week.

    Alida
    radcrafter.com

    PS...I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog Hop, I made a Cable knit sweater pillow you can see here. ... acableknitsweater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...