home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sew you thought!


I bought an old Singer sewing machine years ago because I liked the look of it. It was a bonus that someone had converted it into an electric pedal . I thought oh hey, I can sew too!! EEHH! nope, never even plugged it in. Even before that I had a sewing machine when I was in 8th grade. My Mom bought it for me and our neighbor, Mrs. Ayers taught me to sew. She had the patience of a saint. I made a sundress and a vest then I never touched my machine again! 


I picked up a table (to be revealed soon) off Craigslist and the women also had this brand new Brother sewing machine. $30. How could I turn this down?? I have a ton of fabric that I have just been waiting for Rumpelstiltskin to finish for me, but THAT hasn't panned out.She had made a cute little cover for it too!


I mean this is REALLY new. She said she used it 3 times (hope I don't follow in her foot steps!) 
because she liked her old machine better.


She even threw in all this thread and holder that hangs on the wall. The thread alone is worth the $30. I am lucky enough to have my husbands grandmother who has sewn all her life. We will be going to visit her next weekend and I will be bringing along my sewing machine and fabric so she can reteach me to sew! A while ago I  purchased fabric to make pillows and window cornices. I can not wait to relearn how to sew as an adult. I think I will appreciate being able to do it so much more than as an 8th grader! Stay tuned, for the bobbins will be a'weaving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...