home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas mantle


I started my Christmas decorating today.
I began at noon and finished at 11pm!!
I have just some finishing touches to do tomorrow, man it is a lot of work!!
So first I am going to show you my mantle...


See some of my new sweater stockings I sewed? You can go here to see how I did them.
The large stocking on the left is my oldest son, Andrews. We always tease him 
that he gets so much stuff, he needs a huge stocking.


The stocking holders are Pottery Barn Reindeer that I have had for many years.


I used a large green garland then placed a few picks of red and green berry in them. I finished it off with some Pheasant feathers. On the mirror I placed a silver Pottery Barn bell wreath that was a gift from a friend.


Here is a little sneak peak of my kids decorating the Christmas tree.


I can't belive they are getting so tall. I remember when they were smaller and they only were able to reach the very bottom of the tree and it would be jam packed with ornaments and every once in a while I would move some up when they weren't looking! Now they do the bottom half and I do the top half.
I can't wait to show you the buffet in my dinning room, it is like a winter wonderland!

Linking to:
UndertheTableandDreaming Maymay Made Ityou are talking too much Everything Under the MoonbeforeAndAfterButton  

HolidayPhotobucketgood one

9 comments:

  1. Hey there, love your festive mantel. I am a huge feather lover, but those pretty reindeer stocking holders really caught my eye! Found you at Pam's mantel party. I thought I already followed you, but maybe I don't so I am hitting the follow button. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mantle! I really love the pheasant feather embellishments. And I love how you added the wreath to your mirror - you've given me some great inspiration here!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    Take care,
    Christina
    www.designingbynumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath on the mirror is a great idea...love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fireplace is gorgeous!! I wish I was almost done. Thanx for coming to party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feathers are stunning, so elegant!
    Thanks for linking up to Make the Scene Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful mantel! I love your reindeer ... the awesome feathers sprouting out ... and, what a gorgeous and full tree! Thanks for sharing! *Becca* (new follower by way of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia)

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel is really looking good, love your stockings. I wish I could of finished my decorating in 11 hours, it seem like I've been doing it forever. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantel is so pretty! Love the addition of the feathers and the silver reindeer are just perfect!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...