home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My vintage tree

It has been a few years since I have put up my smaller tree with vintage ornaments on it, little fingers were just far too curious. So I dusted off the boxes and brought them up. I will keep most of the comments to a minimum as there are alot of pictures. All of the ornaments were purchased over time at either Estate sales, garage sales or antique stores. Here is a look...


Ok, first off, sorry about the picture, the bay window lets in so much light and the dinning 
room is so dark, it does not make for very good wide shots! But you get the idea, little lit tree, loaded with antique ornaments, vintage tree skirt. I do have vintage lights, but let me tell ya people, Iwould NEVER put those on a tree or anywhere for that matter, can you say FIRE!!




The tree skirt I bought at a garage sale. An older lady was selling her sisters belongings after she passed away and I couldn't pass up this tree skirt. She said her sister hand made it and had it thru all her Holidays!
I love the minty green color with the red, black and white.












You know all those clear ball ornaments that people have been shoving shredded music 
sheet paper of tinsel in? Not new. But I still love them!


How about the hot pink one!!!




I have a few vintage Santa's, this one is new this year and he was $3.50 at a Thrift store.


This may be my favorite Christmas decoration of all time. Besides the hand made ornaments my kids make me! I bought it in the summer many years ago at a garage sale. I think I paid a dollar for him. it is a Santa planter! Old, crackled paint, a few scratches that have removed the paint, but so darling! You like him??
 I do have other vintage pieces, but believe it or not, I kept things a little more minimalist here this season. Well, my tastes have evolved as well.  Who knows what will be out next year!

Linking to:
holiday open house button Unskinny Boppy

4 comments:

  1. My first visit to your lovely blog - I came by way of Honey's. I love your vintage tree. The ornaments remind me of my childhood and the trees that Mom and grandmas would put up -- chocked full of those gorgeous Shiny Brites! Many sweet memories. Enjoy your tree.

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many fun vintage goodies! One of these days when I have a bigger house, I will have a tree just for my vintage ornaments! Have a wonderful week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous and stunning Christmas tree.
    Those ornaments speak off memories and they seem so precious.
    Thanks for sharing you Christmas tree ideas with us.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...