home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Friday, September 2, 2011

Mersman end table redo

I know, another green project! But I love this Annie Sloan Antibes Green so much!

I found this table on Craigslist. I met a very interesting woman named Carol. She is a painter, only she does beautiful painings on canvas as well as furniture. I introduced her to ASCP & can't wait to see what she comes up with!

She had painted this table with spray paint a very basic black. She loves to fiddle with furniture for fun (more proof she will LOVE ASCP).
It is a very well made table, guess Mersman was big back in the day & I loved the scroll details in it. It has a 'faux' leather top, which is a hard material, great for setting drinks on!

I left that black, sprayed the hardware with a Satin finish black paint & did a little distressing after the 2 coats of paint.


I finished with 2 coats of clear wax & I think it is just the thing to give a room a punch of color.

I thought about outlining all the scrolls in black, but thought it was alot of work & not sure when I sell it, it would be worth my time. I may though, ya never know!!
Linking with:Stuff and Nonsense

11 comments:

  1. Looks great Bonnie! I wish that green went in my house...
    www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mandy!!! I really don't need another end table, but I thought it would be a cute quick transformation. I will be letting go of this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super cute- the green is such a great pop of color! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, thanks for having me! I tried to post your link, not sure what happened, it is just a bunch of gobblygook. I am gonna try & grab your button again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Green with black top! You are really inspiring me with these colors! I tend to stick to the old black and white! BTW, the green couch on the top of your page? Is that yours? Do you have a full size pic?

    Lovely!

    Carrie Snow

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Carrie, The couch is sadly not mine & I am trying to find where I got it so I can give photo credit. If you find it, please let me know! Thanks for the color love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I featured this fun little table on my 13 DIY Green Projects post this evening. You can check it out here:

    http://www.thecolorfulones.com/2012/05/inspirations-13-diy-green-projects.html

    Thanks, and God Bless!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. What color/brand is the green? Gooooorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just inherited this end table from my mother in law. I was looking on line for some ideas when I found your website. The green looks fantastic. It's a color I would never have thought of and it really makes the piece stand out. Can I ask what you paid for it because I was thinking about trying to find a mate for it. What other color do you think will work on this end table?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...