home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Monday, September 5, 2011

Thrift store lamps spray paint treatment

About a year ago, I bought a beautiful silver lamp @ a consignment shop I love to go to called 'Graces'. It has been there for 25 years & one of the reasons I believe it is still open is because they don't take your crap. I take stuff there all the time to resell & use my credit for new stuff! They will ask if you would like anything they don't sell to go to charity & my answer is always 'heck yeah'.


This lamp is very heavy & I love it!


I wanted matching lamps next to our bed, not necessarily the same shape, just the same finish.
So I picked these guys up very cheap @ a Thrift store.


I taped up the cord & even wanted to spray the hardware silver.
I did 2 coats of Kilz spray & 2 coats of Krylon Metallic silver.
I finished up with a high gloss spray to make them shine.

Here they are finished, with the old lamp shades back on.

Here is one on my side of the bed, on the new vanity I painted, you can go here to view that. I traded out one of the lamp shades for a white barrel shade that was on another lamp & will keep my eyes out for another barrel shape one.

Here is one on The Mr's night stand

I put the Federal Convex mirror above my bed to see if I liked it there & my answer is NO!
It has too many finials next to each other, one on the headboard pointing up & one on the
mirror pointing down. I will eventually paint the mirror, but until I find out where it will go, it will stay antiqued gold. I will be trading it out for something else, but that is a surprise.
I can't wait to paint the bed with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White. I am leaving for NY in a few days to go visit my son & will head over to NJ for a day to attend an ASCP workshop. Info about the class is here. I can't wait to show you new stuff I will learn about the chalk paint!

Have you ever spray painted lamps? They are so quick & easy to do!!


Linking to:
Somewhat Simple

2 comments:

  1. Well then, the next time you're here in the Valley you shall have to do the Melrose Crawl my Friend! Rust & Roses and several other FABULOUS Shops are all along 7th Avenue from just North of Indian School to just South of Camelback... both sides of the Street! R&R is on the West side of 7th Ave just a wee way North past Indian School... Sirens & Saints, the Sister Store, is right next door... and next to that is Frilly Frocks... the Trifecta of Shopping Valhalla! *winks* Along 7th there is also Figs, Paris Envy, Antiques On Camelback, Sweet Salvage, Mad Maxx's... and several more I can't think of the names of just now! Maybe we'll bump into each other there while scouring for Found Treasures?! *LOL*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. great makeover I love finding lamps for cheap but I never thought of painting them

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...